How to disable visual odometry and use wheel odometry

How to disable visual odometry and use wheel odometry

kolohe113
Hi! I followed the turtorial online to use wheel odometry+ lidar + Astra. However when I tried to set visual odometry to false, I get the following errors:
[ WARN] [1529511782.921630208]: Messages of type 1 arrived out of order (will print only once)
[ WARN] [1529511782.921790912]: Messages of type 3 arrived out of order (will print only once)
[ WARN] [1529511782.922869305]: Messages of type 1 arrived out of order (will print only once)
[ WARN] [1529511782.923065508]: Messages of type 3 arrived out of order (will print only once)
[ WARN] [1529511787.297097675]: /rtabmap/rtabmapviz: Did not receive data since 5 seconds! Make sure the input topics are published ("$ rostopic hz my_topic") and the timestamps in their header are set. If topics are coming from different computers, make sure the clocks of the computers are synchronized ("ntpdate"). If topics are not published at the same rate, you could increase "queue_size" parameter (current=10).
/rtabmap/rtabmapviz subscribed to (approx sync):
   /rtabmap/odom,
   /camera/rgb/image_raw,
   /camera/depth_registered/image_raw,
   /camera/rgb/camera_info,
   /scan,
   /rtabmap/odom_info

With Visual Odometry on I got the following rqt graph:

Thank you

Re: How to disable visual odometry and use wheel odometry

kolohe113
sorry for the image quality. Basically when I have visual odometry on, the wheel odometry and visual odometry are feeding into rtabmap/rgbd_odometry and I want to disable the visual odometry and keep only the wheel odometry.

Thank you

Re: How to disable visual odometry and use wheel odometry

kolohe113
Ok, I have made it work. However, I am getting some these warnings from time to time:

[ WARN] [1529523717.532595392]: /rtabmap/rtabmapviz: Did not receive data since 5 seconds! Make sure the input topics are published ("$ rostopic hz my_topic") and the timestamps in their header are set. If topics are coming from different computers, make sure the clocks of the computers are synchronized ("ntpdate"). If topics are not published at the same rate, you could increase "queue_size" parameter (current=10).
/rtabmap/rtabmapviz subscribed to (approx sync):
   /odom,
   /rtabmap/rgb/image,
   /rtabmap/depth/image,
   /camera/rgb/camera_info,
   /scan,
   /rtabmap/odom_info

Re: How to disable visual odometry and use wheel odometry

matlabbe
Administrator
Hi,

When using rtabmap.launch, we can set "visual_odometry" argument to false to not start visual odometry node.

Not sure about your rtabmap version, but odom_info should not be subscribed by rtabmapviz if visual_odometry argument is false. Otherwise, manually edit rtabmapviz parameters to set subscribe_odom_info to false.

cheers,
Mathieu

Re: How to disable visual odometry and use wheel odometry

arseen
I've got the same issue. When I start rtabmap with visual_odometry:=false it still subscribes to /rtabmap/odom_info.

I looked at the launch file and there isn't a single line which leads to this behavior.

Any suggestions?

Re: How to disable visual odometry and use wheel odometry

matlabbe
Administrator
What is the version of rtabmap you are using? Cannot reproduce the error by doing this:
$ roslaunch rtabmap_ros rtabmap.launch visual_odometry:=false args:="-d"